High precision combined assembly and welding machines on which we integrate equipment from the leading specialists in laser industry.
By combining in-depth experience in press assembly processes with the most advanced laser welding solutions available on the market, we are able to offer a wide range of laser welding solutions. Our welding solutions are compact, reliable, scalable and solve complex problems with reliable and safe processes.
- For cases in which the required productions are very low (very small batches), it is possible to offer a semi-automatic solution in which the robot is not required for loading/unloading tasks.
- This solution allows for a lower initial investment, which in the future has the possibility of increasing the equipment as the required production rises.
- The robot is in charge of transferring the components to the assembly station and loading the assembly to the welding station. The robotic solution provides precision and repeatability to the process.
- The flexibility provided by the robot allows the machine footprint to be adapted to the customer's needs and specifications.
- By using a robotic loading/unloading system, the high temperatures resulting from the laser welding process are not a concern and a safe unloading solution for finished parts is achieved.
The proposed machine solution includes the possibility of moving the laser welding head on servo-controlled axes, thus obtaining a present and potential future flexibility in which to integrate new models to work in a simple way.
The machine is capable of adapting to different forms of joint between parts, varying the diameters at the time of applying the energy through the laser or achieving different geometries depending on the parts to be assembled.
We offer integral solutions to optimize the productivity, being the automation of the loading/unloading and feeding of parts to the production systems a fundamental part of this process.
After more than forty years of collaboration with the best manufacturers in the world in order to integrate the most advanced assembly systems in our installations, we are able to offer comprehensive solutions for the assembly and joining of components under the use of diverse technologies.
Our cells include the means to completely trace the parts and ensure that the information is recorded for further processing. Some of the technologies used for this purpose include marking, reading and data storage.
Quality assurance in our products and therefore in our customer's final product is an absolute priority for us. In this direction we work to offer the best quality control systems in different areas.
Customized solutions according to the part to be conveyed, its size and required orientation.
- Palletized conveyors
- Roller chain conveyors
- Belt conveyors
Solutions adapted to customer's process / lay-out requirements:
- Separated input and output conveyors
- Conveyor loops including curves
- Palletized conveyors with lifts at each end and two height lanes
We have the capacity to integrate standard third-party equipment as well as conveyors of our own design. Our product development includes pneumatically actuated stoppers of proprietary design.
When talking about automatic loading / unloading of our machines, integration of six axes and cartesian robots becomes a guarantee for high efficiency solutions.
We have wide experience in integrating robots of various brands, not only for handling purposes but also as a key tool in some of our assembly standarized solutions.
Design and integration of in-house designed grippers (EOAT), adapted to the needs of each application.
Simulation services for the entire robot cycle to assure the process in cycle time conditions and to avoid possible collisions or interferences.
When it comes to automating processes, automatic component feeding is a fundamental aspect of the cell's autonomy.
There are several alternatives on the market to automatically feed parts to be assembled. At Gaindu we analyze each case individually to offer the best alternative, taking into account key aspects such as speed, part protection or required orientation.
Among the alternatives we work with, we make our own design feeders by means of vertical warehouses as well as bowl-feeder or step-feeder integrations, which we customize for each application.
Monitoring of the assembly processes for component pressing, controlling the parameters during the whole cycle.
At Gaindu we have installed more than 300 electric presses with which we have assembled all types of parts and units. Assembly processing of engines, suspensions, gearboxes, etc...
We are the official distributor of JANOME electric presses in Spain, having collaborated with them directly in the validation and expansion of assembly processes using electric presses.
Following our vocation of customer-oriented solutions, we adapt to the approved brands and preferences of our customers when designing our installations. This has led us to work with the leading global manufacturers of electrical presses and gives us the advantage of being able to offer our solutions integrating reliably any of these brands.
Laser welding technology has become a priority in industrial sectors where the aim is to obtain assemblies with very tight tolerances.
We have been collaborating for years side by side with the main laser equipment manufacturers, thus providing our machines with the latest and most advanced solutions available in the market.
There are several laser welding alternatives using different technologies: Fiber, CO2, disc, diode…
In Gaindu the safety of our facilities is an unquestionable feature, so all our laser welding machines have the appropriate protections to ensure the safety of our customers.
Within the operations related to traceability, and especially after marking the parts on the machine, it is necessary to check the correct marking or to incorporate the unique part ID to associate the process data to the part.
Integration of cameras or sensors for 2DM code / QR / Barcode reading.
Possibility of marking degree evaluation according to the ISO/IEC TR 29158 (AIM DPM-1-2006) standard, by means of special verification units.
In order to respond to the traceability needs of our customers, at Gaindu we have developed our own software called Gaindu Tracker, with which we provide our installations with the functionality to record process data associated with unique part IDs.
We integrate industrial PCs from leading manufacturers as hardware support for our customized software development.
Complete collecting of data related to the process:
- Leak test values
- Insertion forces and positions
- Torque and anglel values
We study each project in detail in order to adapt to the existing IT systems in our customers' plants, integrating our machines in their information networks.
Gaindu has put considerable effort into the standardization of control systems, for the automatic collection and analysis of relevant data from production systems, classified into the following areas:
- Piloting, making it possible to configure/detect production sequences and formulas for the various types of parts.
- Status, providing information on machine availability and utilization, allowing to analyze productivity, detecting bottlenecks and improvement actions.
- Process, associating to the part identifier the data of the different processes performed on it. The identification of the main parts and their components is done by means of identification techniques such as reading the 2DM code marked on them or reading the RFID cards located on them or on their transport elements.
- Automation, recording the detections, movements and actuations performed by the machines, which allows to detect points of improvement in performance and to perform preventive maintenance of its components.
The use of ultrasound for welding inspection is a revolutionary technology in the industry and an important part of quality assurance in the manufacture of components.
Allows inspection of 100% of the parts with non-destructive technologies.
With an ultrasonic sensor and the part immersed in water, the complete welding is sampled to verify that is free of internal pores not visible to the human eye that could affect to the durability of the subassembly.
With these means, the machine can be configured to reject parts from a certain pore size or quantity.
To offer this type of solution, we have specialist partners that are dedicated to non-destructive testing solutions.
When the conditions of the production line or the floor space available are restricted, there is the possibility of integrating vision equipment to perform various part testing tasks:
- Real-time checking of boring or machining operations on the workpiece.
- Dimensional control of the machined parts.
- Component identification in terms of diversity and positioning.
- Angular or axial components orientation prior to assembly.
- The vision system is carefully studied in each case, analyzing lighting requirements and ambient conditions to ensure a reliable and repeatable process.
- At Gaindu we offer the possibility of integrating post-process measurement equipment into our robotic cells.
- We integrate gauge systems manufactured by the most recognized brands, on which we integrate our own product-specific tooling to perform dimensional checks after machining.
- Coordinate measuring technology enables precise, flexible and high-speed quality assurance of the parts.
- By eliminating operator’s influence on the final measurement result, we achieve to control and optimize the process effectively.
Interested in knowing more how we can help you?CONTACT US