In order to be able to integrate all the tests of all the required galleries, the project was carried out using as a basis our standard leak test machine in 9 stations format (8 working stations and 1 loading/unloading station).
On the loading/unloading station it was included the possibility to check the correct state of the water gallery, checking the presence of the different orifices on the combustion face of the piece. The overall application was completed with a laser marking system integrated into the robotic cell and with the integration of a CMM measuring machine for checking the dimensional dimensions of the part.
Inside the robotic cell, a laser part marking station was included, with a Class 4 laser protection solution designed exclusively for the project part. The equipment includes a fume and particle aspiration equipment generated in the process, as well as the reading by means of a vision camera to check the correct marking (including reading grade definition).
Measurement of more than 10 dimensional references of the part, using a Mitutoyo CMM machine that we integrate inside the cell, referencing the part over a mechanical fixture of Gaindu's own design.
In this way we provide the leak test control cell with additional quality control tools to be able to ensure, on the same installation, the requirements demanded by the end customer of the project.
The productivity of the cell is enhanced by the automation of the loading/unloading of the leak test machine and the various peripheral stations. In the same way, the input/output conveyors are integrated to the cell in order to obtain an automatic buffer independent of the operator's presence on the equipment.
Customized solutions according to the part to be conveyed, its size and required orientation.
- Palletized conveyors
- Roller chain conveyors
- Belt conveyors
Solutions adapted to customer's process / lay-out requirements:
- Separated input and output conveyors
- Conveyor loops including curves
- Palletized conveyors with lifts at each end and two height lanes
We have the capacity to integrate standard third-party equipment as well as conveyors of our own design. Our product development includes pneumatically actuated stoppers of proprietary design.
- When talking about automatic loading / unloading of our machines, integration of six axes and cartesian robots becomes a guarantee for high efficiency solutions.
- We have wide experience in integrating robots of various brands, not only for handling purposes but also as a key tool in some of our assembly standarized solutions.
- Design and integration of in-house designed grippers (EOAT), adapted to the needs of each application.
- Simulation services for the entire robot cycle to assure the process in cycle time conditions and to avoid possible collisions or interferences.
- Within the operations related to traceability, and especially after marking the parts on the machine, it is necessary to check the correct marking or to incorporate the unique part ID to associate the process data to the part.
- Integration of cameras or sensors for 2DM code / QR / Barcode reading.
- Possibility of marking degree evaluation according to the ISO/IEC TR 29158 (AIM DPM-1-2006) standard, by means of special verification units.
Gaindu has put considerable effort into the standardization of control systems, for the automatic collection and analysis of relevant data from production systems, classified into the following areas:
- Piloting, making it possible to configure/detect production sequences and formulas for the various types of parts.
- Status, providing information on machine availability and utilization, allowing to analyze productivity, detecting bottlenecks and improvement actions.
- Process, associating to the part identifier the data of the different processes performed on it. The identification of the main parts and their components is done by means of identification techniques such as reading the 2DM code marked on them or reading the RFID cards located on them or on their transport elements.
- Automation, recording the detections, movements and actuations performed by the machines, which allows to detect points of improvement in performance and to perform preventive maintenance of its components.
In order to respond to the traceability needs of our customers, at Gaindu we have developed our own software called Gaindu Tracker, with which we provide our installations with the functionality to record process data associated with unique part IDs.
We integrate industrial PCs from leading manufacturers as hardware support for our customized software development.
Complete collecting of data related to the process:
- Leak test values
- Insertion forces and positions
- Torque and anglel values
We study each project in detail in order to adapt to the existing IT systems in our customers' plants, integrating our machines in their information networks.
- Within the traceability strategy of the parts produced, their marking is a fundamental step. The marked data uniquely identifies each part and allows the association of process data for future use if necessary.
- We design, manufacture and integrate marking units to etch 2DM / Barcode / QR codes, among others.
- There are several marking alternatives using different technologies: laser marking, micro-percussion or impact marking.
- At Gaindu we design laser marking stations in which we prioritize safety by means of enclosures compatible with Class 4 lasers.
- Due to the experience gained over decades, we are able to integrate the main brands of laser manufacturers in the market or other brands required by our customers.
- The leak testing process is an important part of quality assurance in the manufacture of components.
- Checking that the part does not contain leakage above the admissible level is a process that is carried out at various stages of production: after casting, during machining and at the end of the production line.
- There are several methods of leak testing, with alternatives using fluids, air or gas concentration. At Gaindu we work on every possibility to provide our customers with customized solutions.
- At Gaindu we offer the possibility of integrating post-process measurement equipment into our robotic cells.
- We integrate gauge systems manufactured by the most recognized brands, on which we integrate our own product-specific tooling to perform dimensional checks after machining.
- Coordinate measuring technology enables precise, flexible and high-speed quality assurance of the parts.
- By eliminating operator’s influence on the final measurement result, we achieve to control and optimize the process effectively.
Fill this form to download the case study
Interested in knowing more how we can help you?CONTACT US